There is no getting around it, any SEO you implement for your real estate agency succeeds or fails based on your keywords.
Every month, there are 100,000 searches for ‘real estate agent’ on google and competition is low. By using a combination of relevant keywords with high search volumes and low competition, you immediately increase your chances of being found in more google searches.
So here are the top 20 keywords for real estate agents in Australia courtesy of the google keyword planner.
Top 20 keywords for real estate
|Real estate agent||100k||Low|
|Real estate agents near me||10k||Low|
|Sell my house||10k||High|
|Top real estate agents||1k||Low|
|Sell my home||1k||High|
|Cost of selling a house||1k||Medium|
|Rental agents near me||1k||Medium|
|Selling your house||1k||Medium|
|Property agents near me||1k||Medium|
|Local real estate agent||1k||Medium|
|Rental real estate agent||1k||Medium|
|Best real estate agent||1k||Medium|
|Licenced real estate agent||1k||Medium|
|Estate agent near me||1k||Medium|
|Real estate buyers agent||1k||Medium|
Increasing your visibility on Google
Along with the best keywords, there are also 9 other factors that improve your chances of ranking well in Google searches.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly, fast and secure
- Incorporate your keywords into top search results
- Optimise your website content, title tags, headings and meta descriptions with your keywords
- Claim and optimise your Google My Business profile
- Claim and complete local directory listings with information consistent on your Google My Business profile
- Create keyword optimised phrases within your blogs and update your content regularly
- Ensure all videos and images have text descriptions that include your keywords
- Include ‘backlinks’ in your site to reputable third party websites
- Include your geographic location in your keywords to attract local traffic
The very nature of how real estate agents work means that local SEO is one of the most important elements in attracting the right audience.
Improve your local SEO by:
- Using Google Analytics to research high ranking search terms your local audience is using and incorporate into your blog content
- Including neighbourhood information on your website
- Including a map of your physical location and the areas you serve
- Making sure you optimise your Google My Business profile with local content and images
It’s important to remember that 33% of google users only look at the top 3 search results, so it’s vital to optimise your website by understanding the best performing keywords and how to use them to improve your google rankings.
The nature of digital marketing means that things will change over time, so keep an eye on how your keywords are performing and if necessary, make adjustments to ensure you keep your brand in front of as many potential clients as possible.
Need content for your email marketing?
Find the best way for you to get real estate articles for your agent/agency profile, email newsletters, blog and social media marketing.