With New Year’s resolutions and the summer holiday mood taking hold, it’s time to create appealing, easy-care and affordable al fresco areas.
Achieving a beautiful and vibrant outdoor living space, where you can entertain family and friends in style, as well as relaxation, need not require a major overhaul. It can be as simple as adding a splash of colour in the form of textiles or the addition of greenery to create an inviting ambience.
Here are a few tips to get the imagination going — using functional pieces that are also designed to bring pleasure.
Simple steps to achieve al fresco appeal
1. Applying colour to the table in the form of a fun tablecloth will automatically set the mood. Layering the tablecloth with a runner of a different texture or contrasting coloured napkins adds another dimension.
2. Put some simple fresh flowers or plants in small vessels to bring nature to the table.
3. Gather serving platters, trays and dinnerware in contrasting materials to create an eclectic and stylish setting.
4. A fruit-infused water station in the form of a dispenser or jug will serve as cool, refreshingly flavoured hydration.
5. Hanging or wall planters add much-needed greenery, even in the smallest of outdoor spaces.
6. Background music to bop along to always helps!
7. Lighting in the form of fairy lights or spotlights help to create an inviting ambience.
8. Blurring the line between indoor and outdoor living is a stylish tactic – wide, open doors with flooring that flows could work with outdoor rugs when connecting the indoor and outdoor areas.
9. Adding cushions to outdoor seating will create an inviting area for comfort. Wicker chairs with soft cushions are great for a rustic look, while wooden or metal seating creates a modern/industrial feel.
10. Remember that distinctive pieces needn’t cost the earth, but they will always catch the eye and set the tone for your dream outdoor zone.
(Source: Casetta Living)