‘Content is king’ has been a tried-and-tested mantra for publishers and marketers worldwide and if you run any kind of business you would have heard this saying at some time.
So given you run a business, using quality content in your marketing can be very effective in promoting your agency. Using content compliments your advertising by reinforcing your commitment to helping people on their property journey.
Content that is educational and informative is likely to resonate with your existing and potential customers, keeping them engaged (on your email list) and even sharing it on your behalf.
The impact on your business can be profound. Here are 7 benefits you can bring to your business if you engage in content marketing without breaking your budget:
- Brand Building – Sharing relevant, valuable, reliable, quality content about buying or selling a property, property investment or even lifestyle tips, helps nurture trust between you and your customers. The trust translates into a high level of awareness and loyalty towards your personal and agency brand
- Generate Leads – Relevant content will also entice readers who are also likely to be interested in listing their home with you or engaging your services to manage their rental properties. By capturing their contact details in exchange for your content, you can build a long, trusting relationship by keeping them informed and engaged until they’re ready to commit to you for your services.
- Convert Leads – Once you have connected with potential customers you need to encourage those looking to engage the services of a real estate agent to select you above everyone else. This may require different pieces of content delivered in different ways, at different times to gently nudge the customer down a path that leads to a listing.
- Provide Information – Inform and educate existing and potential customers of why you are a better choice for them than your competitors. Showcase your expertise and build a reputation as a trusted expert that speaks with authority.
- The Start Of Something Wonderful – Contribute to a post-purchase relationship with your customers. The purchase of a property could lead to the sale of another or an engagement to manage a rental property.
- Support SEO and SEM and improve your search engine rankings. Having content on your website will get you seen when people do searches in your area for real estate related matters.
- Become a Facebook Superstar by fostering growth and engagement in your active social media accounts
With the right discipline, regular use of content in your marketing will help build long term relationships, with both new and established customers and will help keep your business top of mind when they are next in the market to sell a home.
However, coming up with great content on a regular and consistent basis is hard! You’re a busy agent and business owner!
Need newsletter content?
Find the best way for you to get the real estate articles you need for your email newsletters, blog and social media marketing.