Instagram has recorded the fastest growth of all the social channels over the last 3 years and shows no signs of losing steam anytime soon. Here are the 15 engaging real estate content ideas to use on Instagram.
Unlike Facebook, Instagram wants us to create our own unique content (which is why we can’t ‘share’ other people’s content to our own timeline like we can on Facebook), but there is no getting away from the fact that our hectic schedules often interfere with our best laid content plans.
The Instagram algorithm favors content that is recent and has a high follower engagement rate, so to get the best possible ROI, it’s important to consistently share high quality and brand-appropriate content.
There are plenty of apps you can use to schedule your Instagram posts (think Facebook Business Suite, Later, Hootsuite, etc) but if you’re looking for a tried and tested list of engaging Instagram content ideas, look no further than our list below.
- A tutorial – share expert tips on how to prepare a property for sale
- Your morning routine – show your human side and share what a typical workday morning looks like for you
- Your work from home situation – share your feelings on your work from home situation, both pros and cons
- The latest app you’ve found and love – make mention of a great app you’ve recently discovered and how it’s impacted your day-to-day life
- Your DIY projects – share some before and after photos of a DIY project you’ve completed – even if it wasn’t a raging success
- Your local neighbourhood walk – take a short video of a walk around your local neighbourhood, focusing on the highlights
- Sneak peek– provide a sneak peek of a new service or new listing you’ll soon be unveiling
- Share something you’ve learnt recently – share a great piece of advice or general knowledge you’ve recently discovered
- Your content – share a blog post or downloadable piece of content that your followers will be interested in
- Someone who inspires you – give a shout out to someone who inspires you either in your professional or personal life
- Run a poll or ask a question – ask your audience their thoughts on a current news topic
- Share a client testimonial – post a positive testimonial from a past client
- A local business – promote a local business or group you support
- A quote – share an inspiring quote
- Your listings – promote your new and sold listings
While some of these ideas are directly related to your business, it’s important to go beyond any ‘sales’ posts if you want to drive the best possible engagement.
Whatever content you decide to post, remember using beautiful visuals is a must. Instagram is an entirely visual platform, so the more appealing your images are, the more attention you’ll receive.
It’s also worth noting that on average, videos on Instagram receive up to 20% more interactions than images, so if you can incorporate a few short videos using the ideas above, even better!
Instagram is the platform of choice for images and video content, and given the visual nature of real estate, it really is a match made in heaven.
Find the best way for you to get real estate articles for your agent/agency profile, email newsletters, blog and social media marketing.